Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Windows 7 Update

I continue to use Windows 7 in a production environment - something which Microsoft discourages, of course. However, I wanted to put this new version of Windows under an everyday trial using it as a "workhorse" in my business. So, I loaded it up on a notebook which I carry to every customer's home. I've been using it test their Internet connections when their own computer can't get online; I've demonstrated various activities on it for my clients; and, I'm using it to check in remotely with the main computer in my shop.

So far, I have not been disapointed in the performance of Windows 7. It is working so much better than the Vista beta that it's unfair to even put them in the same category.
Since my first report, I've installed a webcam, Adobe InDesign4, and Windows Live Messenger. They all installed without a hitch. Adobe InDesign didn't recognize Windows 7, naturally, and suggested I install a different OS but I ignored the warning and it loaded up perfectly.
Granted, I am a Microsoft Partner but I have computers in the shop running Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista Ultimate, Ubuntu, and MAC so I'm not as biased as one might think. At this point, I think Microsoft has a winner in Windows 7.
Still, this is testing software, so keep looking for updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment