Saturday, January 17, 2009

So Far, So Good


It's early yet but I have to say that I'm really impressed with Windows 7. Everything I've thrown at it, it's handled. I've installed two printers, Microsoft Office 2007, Cubase 4, Inspire 1394 Control Panel, Google Chrome, FireFox, Adobe Reader 9, Adobe Flash, Sun Java and TweetDeck.
I purposely installed it on an old laptop computer that I had in the shop - only 1GB of RAM and a single-core Intel processor. During the installation, Windows 7 recognized and installed every hardware item on the computer. Remembering what happened when I installed Vista beta - almost no hardware was recognized - this was a pleasant surprise!
This beta version of Windows 7 runs faster than Vista and, to me, has a "cleaner" feel.
I'm going to keep loading it up with programs and I'll update this blog as to what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment